Sunday, July 12, 2009

Remembering Carl Sagan's "Cosmos"


In 1980 I was 16 years old when I first watched the PBS Series "Cosmos" by Carl Sagan. Now almost 30 years later I stumbled upon this amazing series once again on Netflix. As I watched the opening scene with Carl Sagan discussing the mysteries of the cosmos a chill ran up my spine. I look forward to watching this still relevant 13 episode series all over again.

In 1990 Carl Sagan filmed this short "update & introduction" to "Cosmos". As you listen to Sagan talk about our universe remember this was almost 20 years ago. Carl Sagan was a genius and one of the most inspiring human souls to ever exist on this blue ball we call Earth.

Carl Sagan tragically died to young at 62 years of age in 1996 after a long battle with cancer.



This series truly impacted me growing up and helped to inspire me to always think beyond myself. Carl Sagan's career was awe inspiring including involvement with NASA's Apollo program (he worked with the astronauts preparing them for what they were about to do) and NASA's Mars missions with the Viking landers.

No comments:

Post a Comment