Thursday, May 7, 2009

Star Trek Warps Back

This is simply the best Star Trek film to date. I actually believe I enjoyed it more then "The Wrath of Kahn" and "First Contact", however I will have to wait and see after a few more viewings if that feeling remains . WOW is all I can report at this time, I am speechless. The story was fun, the actors amazing and each true to their character while at the same time taking the franchise into a new adventure. The filmmakers are already working on the next film so that is cool as well.

If you know your Star Trek lore don't be alarmed because of the twists and turns of the plot, just sit back and enjoy the ride. The future is bright for Star Trek and I for one could not be happier. I have missed this Enterprise crew and its good to have them back.

I don't want to post a full review just yet because you should see this latest Star Trek movie knowing as little as possible to fully enjoy the trip. There will be time later for a full detailed review.

All the shows appeared to be sold out and it was awesome to once again see so much excitement surround a Star Trek movie. The theater was buzzing and I even turned my Blackberry off which tells you something right there. The last time I witnessed this type of crowd for a Trek movie was 1996's "First Contact".

If you have the chance see it on IMAX but be warned it will only be on IMAX for 2 more weeks. Regal in Downingtown also has a HD print playing in the evenings.

Tags: ,



No comments:

Post a Comment