Monday, May 25, 2009

Remembering Jefferson Starship


Dedicated readers I have good news. Although this holiday weekend was filled with graduation parties and a memorial day picnic at Ian's house I still found time to complete a lot of yard work as well as finding a "double stroller" for the wife and even unintentionally re-discovering Grace Slick & Jefferson Starship. I remember first hearing Jefferson Starship in high school and for some reason being completely infatuated with Grace Slick. I also remember that Jefferson Starship even played a role during the ill-fated 1978 "Star Wars Holiday Special" which was about the only thing cool about that special.

Check out the song, "Fast Buck Freddie" from 1975's Jefferson Starship masterpiece "Red Octopus". This was one of those songs I played over and over and over again as a a teenager and here I am again playing it for all of you, my dedicated readers. I had not heard this song in years but when I stumbled upon it this weekend.... wow. Grace Slick I used to love you so.

It's hard to believe that Grace Slick is 69 years old now. When I was in high school she rocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment